Today I am going to share the Top five reasons I will be taking the stairs as often as I can from now on!Natasha In Oz
- It's a free workout and I won't need any special equipment for it.
- It will improve heart health which will lead to lower total cholesterol. (Studies have shown that people who climbed 55 flights per week had lower risk of heart problems....)
- It could be faster than taking the elevator, especially during peak times.
- I could burn 5 times more calories than taking the elevator.Liz Neporent says that forgoing an escalator and walking up one flight of stairs burns 16 calories per flight. It could also help me build and maintain healthy bones and muscles and to lose weight because even 2 flights of stairs climbed per day can lead to a 6 lb. or 2.8 kg weight loss over one year-what an easy way to exercise for only 5 minutes a day!
- Could I make it fun? Hmm ....If I lived in Odenplan, Stockholm it would be FUN-Have a look at this clip!
Ok, I am off to go and find some stairs right now!
Please join me each weekend for the Say G'day Saturday Linky Party!